Believing in the Information Technology role in building and promoting the growth of the national economy, and in accordance with the Kingdom's strategy to shift towards the knowledge economy, the Information Technology department was established within the King Abdullah II School for Information Technology at University of Jordan.
The department offers Business Information Technology (BIT) degrees at the Bachelors level, and Web Intelligence (WI) and e-government (e-gov) programs at the Masters Level.
Currently the department has 14 members; 5 full Professors, 5 Associate Professors, 1 Assistant Professors, and 3 Teacher members with an MSc’s. Degree.
Faculty members at the Information Technology Department are involved in numerous fields related to information technology ranging from business intelligence and data mining,
database systems, information retrieval and knowledge management systems, cyber and information security, e- commerce, e-learning, web application development,
enterprise resource planning systems, document processing and analysis.
The Business Information Technology undergraduate program was internationally accredited by ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology in July, 2019,
and has been rising in the global ranking ever since.
Students of the program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Use systemic approaches to select, develop, apply, integrate, and administer secure computing technologies to accomplish user goals.
The prgram's Educational Objectives can be accessed from the Program Specifications page