Opportunities to demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes are provided through the following assessment methods:
1. The current major assessment methods in BIT Department are manifested below:
2. STUDENTS ASSESSMENT IN PROGRAM COURSES
3. Taught courses assessments are as follows:
4. The Final exam counts for 40% of the overall course assessment.
5. The Mid Term exam counts for 20-30% of the overall course assessment
6. Assignments, small projects, quizzes, extra activities and programming assignments count for 20-30% of the overall course assessment
7. Research paper, technical reports and extra curriculum activities can count for 5-10% of the overall course assessment.
8. In some courses (e.g., programming languages), practical exams are introduced as an assessment method.
9. The automated exam is used for several classes, especially for classes of multiple sections.
2) STUDENTS ASSESSMENT IN GRADUATION PROJECT
1. Graduation projects assessment is performed via a committee of professors at the end of every semester till this academic year. Projects are marked as follows:
2. Software Specification and Analysis 20%
3. Design/Documentation 20%
4. Implementation 40%
5. Demonstration and Presentation 20%
3) ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT TRAINING FULFILLMENT
1. A departmental committee is responsible for assessing and approving the fulfilment of the training requirement for every student. The following is a list of the documents required for training assessment:
2. An experience certificate that certifies that the student has undergone the required training during a specific period of time. The certificate should be signed and sealed by the training party, and two copies should be attached.
3. The Faculty form of training should be filled as required, and sealed and signed by the training institution.
4. To accredit courses in the field of computer equating with the required practical training, the original certificate of the course in addition to two copies of it should be submitted.