Ø Background to the program and subject area:
Bachelor degree in one of the following areas:
• Computer Science (CS)
• Computer Networks
• Computer Information Systems (CIS)
• Software Engineering
• Business Information Systems (BIS)/Business Information Technology (BIT)
• Computer Engineering
• Information Technology
Ø Vision statements of the program:
To be among the premiers in providing suitable graduate teaching and research environments that enable master graduate students to have strong academic theoretical and practical backgrounds needed to achieve distinction in computer science disciplines at the local and regional areas.
Ø Mission statements of the program:
• Providing master graduate students with a high level education in computer science to equip them with the essential knowledge and practice for being contributors in the prosperity of their societies.
• Providing master graduate students with skills necessary to complete their graduate Ph.D. studies that prepare them for teaching and research oriented work locally and internationally.
• Enabling master graduate students to work as one team, and to understand their professional and ethical responsibilities so that they will be successful builders of local and global companies and institutions.
Ø Program Aims:
The master graduate program aims to provide specialized studies in various computer science areas. It encourages theoretical and applied researches in computer science fields in order to allow master graduate students to excel in their professional life. In this respect, the master program in computer science covers the major topics in computer science in depth to provide the type of master graduate students with high quality. For this reason, this program has been stretched out to cover most of the important areas of computer science in depth; such as computer networks, operating systems, parallel and distributed computing, image processing, database systems, theory of algorithms, and programming languages. More specifically, the master graduate program aims to:
• Provide computer science master graduate students with core cognitive, practical and transferable computing knowledge and skills to enable them to meet the need of newly developed technology industries.
• Provide all master graduate students with theoretical knowledge; analytical and practical, and transferable computing skills to enable them to function effectively in public and private sectors.
• Produce master graduate students capable of performing research and Ph.D. studies that fill the need for professional computer science instructors, lecturers and researchers.
• Provide the society with qualified master graduate students with a wide range of capabilities in the field of computer science, including independent learners and team workers, enabling them to function effectively in the public and private sectors to meet the needs of Jordan and the region in several fields of computer science.
• Maintain a very good relationship with the market through consultancy, creative ideas and solutions in a global economic and cultural entertainment.