It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Computer Science at the University of Jordan. The Department strives to offer quality undergraduate and graduate courses and programs in computer science. Consistent with these objectives are the high priorities the Department places on quality research and effective teaching. The Department seeks to attract highly qualified students as majors to both its undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Department is part of King Abdullah II School for Information Technology; it offers Computer Science degrees at the Bachelors, and Masters Levels. Currently the department has 25 members; 15 full Professors, 4 Associate Professors, 3 Assistant Professors, and 3 Teacher members with an MSc’s. Degree.
The undergraduate program of Computer Science was internationally accredited by ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology in October, 2018, and has been rising in the global ranking to get a 301-350 rank in QS-Stars ranking, and 201-250 in the Times Higher Education (THE) ranking.
The Department believes in a strong advising approach at all levels, where advisors help the students choose the appropriate program according to their goals, needs and interests.
Graduates of the program will have an ability to:
1. Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
2. Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
3. Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.