The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of Business Information Technology (BIT) plays a critical role in assuring that the graduates of BIT at UJ are highly qualified with the principles of technology in business and well trained with a wide range of transferable skills in (BIT) disciplines including independent learners and team workers enabling them to be effective in the public and private sectors to meet the needs of Jordanian and the region in the several fields of (BIT). The (PEOs) of BIT are :
• Meeting the international/local market requirements by producing graduates characterized by high qualifications, advanced training, independent learners, and capable of teamwork in any of the BIT disciplines.
• Fulfilling the need for professional instructors, lecturers, researchers and developers in Business Information Technology by delivering research-capable graduates, capable of pursuing their graduate studies.
• Maintaining the relationship with different local/international institutes through different professional activities, i.e. lecturers, seminars, conferences, among other possible forms of collaboration.
• Introducing different work-related concepts for our graduates, e.g. different job titles related to courses, core courses related to a specific job, major skills required to apply for a certain position, etc., enabling them to succeed in their job appointments.
• Developing a comprehensive, clear, and rigorous admission procedures for admitting students to the department on competitive basis
• Concentrating on serving all regions in Jordan by admitting students from all around the country, while admitting students from different neighboring countries as well, including people with disabilities, with an equal opportunity admission between both genders
The BIT program Student Outcomes represent what we expect our graduates to achieve at the end of their study. These include wide range of characteristics and are organized as follow:
A. Knowledge and Understanding:
Student gain knowledge and understanding of:
1. The evolution of information business technology disciplines, techniques, challenges, and best practices currently available for dealing with them.
2. How to apply the essential mathematics relevant to business information technology.
3. Main principles related to the business information technology, such as design methodologies, choice algorithm, programming languages and practice, tools and packages.
4. Professional responsibility including social, environmental, moral and ethical issues involved in the sustainable exploitation of computer technology.
B. Intellectual Analytical and Cognitive Skills:
Student gain the following intellectual abilities:
1. To practice problem identification and analysis, design development, and construction of business technology.
2. An ability analyze the extent to which a computer-based system meets the criteria defined for its current use and future development
3. An ability to design E-business applications by using appropriate design tools.
C. Subject/ Specific/ Practical Skills:
Student gain subject-specific skills in the following:
1. An ability to apply computer skills in various business application areas like government, commerce, and industry.
2. Deploy effectively the tools used for the construction and documentation of software, in order to solve practical problems
3. Plan and undertake a major individual projects.
4. Design and implement web sites to serve useful E-Business applications.
D. Creativity /Transferable Key Skills:
Student gain transferable skills in the following:
1. Use Information Technology skills and display mature computer literacy.
2. Strike the balance between self-reliance and seeking help when necessary in new and challenging applications.
3. Show personal commitment and responsibility by working to multiple deadlines in complex applications.
4. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, about business and computing issues.
5. Demonstrate significantly enhanced group working abilities.
6. Managing your own continuous learning and development including training, time management